Response to Daily Prompt: Quirk of Habit
Oh, have I been waiting for some sort of excuse to write about quirky habits… not that I really need one anyway. Everyone had their own odd habits. Even though you know some people are annoyed of you because of them, you can’t really help it. It’s just who you are.
I can actually tolerate a lot of others’ habits but there are a select few, quirky or not, that I can’t stand. List time!
- Unnecessary touching – It just freaks me out, especially if I just met you.
- Looking over my shoulder – Excuse me. Please stop hovering behind me. It makes me anxious.
- Excessively loud gum-chewing – Please don’t smack your gum at me.
- Unpleasantly short/ambiguous answers – “Okay”, “I don’t mind”, and “whatever you want.”
- Self-invitation – If you’re not invited, you’re not invited.
- Interrupting – Let me speak, please.
When I think of it, even my own quirks annoy me sometimes.
- Eating pizza backwards – I think the very tip of the slice is the best part.
- Eating burgers in a circular fashion – I like the center the most.
- Five – I like things to be in multiples of five, like the tv volume.
- Spoiler alert – Ugh, I read the Wikipedia pages of movies I’m too impatient to watch.
- Hand signals – I’m not the most eloquent person so I speak with my hands to describe things.
- People watching – It sounds really creepy but I enjoy watching humans interact.
I actually think some of these are compulsions or obsessions… Those count, right?
When you realize that another person shares the same habit, you tend to bond over that moment,
You watch people out the window while you’re in a coffee shop? I watch people out the window while I’m in coffee shop! Let’s watch people together!
Happy Sunday from San Diego! It feels great to be back home. I hope you have a great week.